[Beowulf] cli alternative to cluster top?

Thomas Vixel tvixel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:39:48 EST 2008

I've been googling for a top-like cli tool to use on our cluster, but
the closest thing that comes up is Rocks' "cluster top" script. That
could be tweaked to work via the cli, but due to factors beyond my
control (management) all functionality has to come from a pre-fab
program rather than a software stack with local, custom modifications.

I'm sure this has come up more than once in the HPC sector as well --
could anyone point me to any top-like apps for our cluster?

For reference, wulfware/wulfstat was nixed as well because of the
xmlsysd dependency.