[Beowulf] Getting started on parallelization

Cesar Andres Polindara Lopez andres_polindara at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:07:59 EST 2008

Hi to all.

I have developed a finite element model for the simulation of poroelastic materials. The model requires the implementation of a time integration scheme (also known as step by step algorithms) hence iterations are performed. For each iteration I have to solve a linear system of equations so I have to calculate the inverse of a matrix and then execute a multiplication. I'm trying to see if there's any chance to parallelize my code.
I'm just getting started on the subject of parallelization and I would appreciate if anyone can give me a clue where to begin. I'm not quite sure what would be the best strategy to solve my problem.

César.
Explore the seven wonders of the world