[Beowulf] Off-the-wall: WRF Model and PS3's (or Cell)

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Fri May 16 17:10:54 EDT 2008

Hi Gerry:

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> Apparently the folks at TeraSoft can bulk that up a little bit.  To, like,
> 2GB, or so I'm told.

Curious where you get that information from.  Their website listing
PS3 for sale says 256MB (192MB available to user):

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/sony/

I suppose it is possible to add more RAM if you really want to, but I
have a feeling it would probably void the official warranty from Sony
;-)

Anyways, I think as a first step, you should get a copy of the Cell
SDK and see if your code re-compiles without a hitch.

Cheers,

Bernard