[Beowulf] Do these SGE features exist in Torque?

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Fri May 9 14:26:34 EDT 2008

At a previous job, I installed SGE for our cluster. At my current job
Torque is the queuing system of choice. I'm very familar with SGE, but
only have a cursory knowledge of Torque (installed it for evaluation,
and that's it). We're about to purchase a new cluster. I'd have to make
a good argument for using SGE over Torque. I was wondering if the
following SGE features exist in Torque:

1. Interactive shells managed by queuing system
2. Counting licenses in use (done using a contributed shell script in SGE)
3. Separation of roles between submit hosts, execution hosts, and
administration hosts
4. Certificate-based security.

Are there any notable features available in Torque that aren't available
in SGE?

--
Prentice