[Beowulf] visualization machine

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:46:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 at 12:26pm, Mark Hahn wrote

>> Also, AFAIK, neither project supports the professional series of cards
>> (Quadro/FireGL).
>
> I'm pretty sure I normally just install the unified NV driver for quadros.

Sure, but that driver doesn't do hardware-accelerated 3D.

> (course, afaikt the "pro" distinction is just marketing spew.)

The nvidia man page lists features only supported on Quadro cards (and
which I've also seen listed as used by "pro" apps (high-end CAD/CAM,
etc)).  But I've also never seen a benchmark showing how much (if any)
difference they make.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin