[Beowulf] a postdoc in Canada

Glen Beane glen.beane at jax.org
Fri Mar 28 10:00:15 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Joe Landman wrote:
> FWIW:  when I drove through Ontario yesterday (Buffalo to Detroit),
> the USD = 0.96 CDN  (that and the Tim Horton's coffee isn't that
> bad ... if you want bad, try McD's).

we have quite few Tim Horton's here in Maine and one thing I've
noticed is that a Tim Horton's coffee in Canada is a size smaller
than the "same size" Tim Horton's small coffee in the States. So a
Canadian small is smaller than the US small, a Canadian medium = US
small, Canadian large = US Medium

so if you take this post doc in Canada not only will you put up with
a slave wage, but you'll have to make more trips to Tim Horton's for
your caffeine fix

Glen L. Beane
Software Engineer
The Jackson Laboratory