[Beowulf] a postdoc in Canada

Jim Lux james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 25 09:34:27 EDT 2008

Quoting "f.costen at cs.man.ac.uk" <fumie.costen at manchester.ac.uk>, on
Tue 25 Mar 2008 04:21:54 AM PDT:

> Dear All,
>
> One of my friends is looking for a person
> who can take up a postdoc for one year in Canada
> ( 1500 canadian dollars  including tax per month )
> This may be able to be extended subject to
> successive grant availability.

Just curious, since I'm not in academia, but is this a typical
compensation ($18,000/yr).  Is this for a full time job? Or is the
person going to be out getting some other funds, and the subject
research is just part of their overall work.  Or do they get some
other stipend/living allowance.  (Here in California, this would be
just about minimum wage: $8/hr = $16k/yr)

Jim Lux