[Beowulf] Re: mysterious slow disk

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 10 14:10:43 EDT 2008

>Erwan <erwan at seanodes.com> wrote

> If you invert a disk from a good node and a bad node, does the good node
> becomes bad ?

It is on the list of things to try.

> Maybe the pci latency isn't the same, could you diff a lspci -vvv
> between a good and a bad host ?

Already looked at that, they were the same.

> Could you also diff the dmidecode of a good and a bad host ? Maybe we
> missed something.

That's interesting, dmidecode on the slow node shows only:

# dmidecode 2.9
# No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry.

The other nodes actually have dmidecode output. dmesg shows on the slow one:

DMI not present or invalid.

the others show

DMI 2.3 present.

This is probably not the problem though, since it seems to have come up
after I tried reloading the BIOS last week.  Prior to that I did diff
dmesg and this difference was not present.

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org