[Beowulf] Open source Job Scheduler for Apple Leopard 10.5.2 server that will work with Open Directory?

Glen Beane glen.beane at jax.org
Sun Mar 2 20:21:46 EST 2008

Korambath, Prakashan wrote:
> Anyone knows an Open source job scheduler for Apple Leopard 10.5.2
> server that will work with Open Directory?  SGE seems to have
> intermittent problems, Condor and Torque supports only 10.4. Tiger. Thanks.

Hello Prakashan,

I am a TORQUE developer and Apple user.  TORQUE 2.2.x and up should work on
Leopard. Although 2.2.x requires passing --disable-gcc-warnings to configure, as
we compile with -Wall -pedantic -Werror by default and there are a few harmless
warnings generated. If you are compiling the latest 2.3.0 (development) snapshot
then these warnings are fixed (some were Apples fault, the code was fine, and
this has been fixed in the 2.5 and 3.0 Developer Tools).  An official 2.3.0
release should be out soon.

If you have any problems running TORQUE on OS X Leopard I would like to know so
I can improve our support for OS X

--
Glen L. Beane
Software Engineer