[Beowulf] IB + 10G eth integrated switches?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Sun Mar 2 14:40:28 EST 2008

Hi all,
has anyone experienced switches that have integrated both IB and 10Geth?
I guess I've seen IB switch vendors talking about EoIB modules for a while,
but I'm curious about how well they work.  mainly I'm curious about
providing high-speed IP connectivity for a cluster that has only IB
networking.  I presume this would work by configuring an EoIB interface
on the node, and having the IB switch act like an eth switch (L2?).

thanks, mark hahn.