[Beowulf] A simple cluster

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:46:56 EDT 2008

Alcides,

I think a short answer is: get a switch, plug all the boxes (throught the
ethernet ports on the motherboards) to the switch, install Ubuntu and use
OpenMP.

Longer answers will be forthcoming, but I bet they will start with questions
about the specific  hardware you have, the budget, whether your applications
are latency or compute time dependent, how parallelizable it is, shared
memory model...

Peter