[Beowulf] Again about NUMA (numactl and taskset)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Jun 24 17:07:06 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:21:01PM +0200, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> The PG compiler and especially pathscale compiler are doing rather
> well at benchmarks,
> especially that last, yet at our codes they're real ugly. Maybe they
> do better for floating point
> oriented workloads, which doesn't describe game tree search.

There are certainly unusual codes out there, and PathScale has gotten
a lot of examples sent in by customers, thanks to the "if we're slower
than someone else, it's a bug" philosophy. This allowed us to improve
the compiler on a lot of non-benchmark codes.

In your case, I'd suggest that you use pathopt to search for better
flags.

-- greg