[Beowulf] Again about NUMA (numactl and taskset)

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:26:55 EDT 2008

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> That said, it has improved a lot, now all we need is a better compiler
> for linux. GCC is for my chessprogram generating an
> executable that gets  22% slower positions per second than visual c++
> 2005 is.
> Thanks,
> Vincent

GCC is a free compiler, and Visual C++ is a commercial product. That's
not really a fair comparison. Stop being a cheapskate and buy a
commercial compiler for Linux. There are plenty available that promise
better performance than GCC:

Intel Compilers:

Portland Group Compilers:

Pathscale Compiler Suite: