[Beowulf] found this amusing

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jun 19 15:39:43 EDT 2008

Not wholly OT ...

Running some benchmarks for a customer, and doing a little baseline
performance gathering.  This is Windows 2008 RC2 32 bit on one of our
JackRabbit units.

Well, it appears that there is either a bug in the performance counter,
or the JackRabbit is simply too fast ...

Have a look at http://scalability.org/images/Screenshot-small-1.png .
The other measures seem to be working properly.  Average is ~1.35 GB
(writes) but it bounces around a bit.  Looks like it overflows at 2^31-1
or so ...  So we hit these bursty regions we get into that ... negative
... performance :)

Either that or we are doing something horribly wrong (won't discount
that either).  At least it is amusing.

Back to your regularly scheduled cluster.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com