NDAs Re: [Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jun 17 15:05:33 EDT 2008

> I'm moving into only gives me enough power for 16 machines per
> rack. But older colos are only 2/3 of that. These are HPCish nodes.

I guess I'm not surprised, but then again, it does make me scratch
my head about vendors who are still in love with blades.  you know,
headlines like "HP puts 1000 cores in a rack".  and who buys them?
I picture PHB's buying blade chassis and then putting just one per rack
for heat-density reasons.

maybe blades are creating a giant market for blanking panels ;)