[Beowulf] MVAPICH2 and osu_latency

Jan Heichler jan.heichler at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 17:27:56 EDT 2008

Dear all!

I found this http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/performance/mvapich2/opteron/MVAPICH2-opteron-gen2-DDR.shtml as reference value for MPI-latency of Infiniband. I try to reproduce those numbers at the moment but i'm stuck with

# OSU MPI Latency Test v3.0
# Size            Latency (us)
0                         3.07
1                         3.17
2                         3.16
4                         3.15
8                         3.19

Equipment is two quadsocket Opteron Blades (Supermicro) with Mellanox Ex DDR cards. Single 24 port switch connects them.

Can anybody help with suggestions what i can do to lower the latency?

Regards, Jan