[Beowulf] A couple of interesting comments

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Mon Jun 9 16:03:58 EDT 2008

Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

>  Our most recent vendor went to the motherboard manufacturer
>  and said "please can you cut us a BIOS with these default
>  settings" and they did so.
>
>  cheers,
>  Chris
Some manufacturers do, some do not.

Asus , for example, do, for their OEM customers.

OTOH, one may buy the BIOS customization software , from AMI, for
example, for a support/licensing fee of about $10,000 per year.

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/