[Beowulf] Strange Opteron 2350 performance: Gaussian-03

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Sat Jun 28 13:04:50 EDT 2008

On Saturday 28 June 2008, Li, Bo wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry, I don't have the same applications as you.
> Did you compile them with gcc? If gcc, then -o3 can do some optimization.
> -march=k8 is enough I think.

As Mikhail wrote in his first mail, he uses binaries from Gaussian Inc. Can
gfortran in the mean time compile gaussian? Even if it can, it might be a
problem for publications, since the only officially supported compiler is
pgf77.
Mikhail, do you have the source at all? Due to the different cache model of
the barcelona a recompilation might really help.

> And you make sure the CPU running at the default frequency. Sometime

Yeah, can you check the scaling governor isn't set to ondemand or
conservative?

Cheers,
Bernd