[Beowulf] Linux cluster authenticating against multiple Active Directory domains

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:57:05 EDT 2008

Joe Landman wrote:
> If you don't mind using commercial tools, have a look at Centrify.  Also
> Centeris might work for this.
> Chris Samuel wrote:
>> They have assured us that we can just their ADSs as
>> if they are LDAP servers, which is OK, but it looks
>> like Linux doesn't really want to know about using
>> multiple LDAP servers except in a failover/round-robin
>> situation.
>> Our current best guess is to get an LDIF dump of
>> the users who are to be given access (signified
>> by an LDAP attribute) and then load those into a
>> local OpenLDAP or FDS server.

Looks like Likewise nee Centeris has a FOSS version. From the blurb...

"Supports multiple forests with one-way and two-way cross forest trusts"

Apparently it's GPL, so legal compatibility shouldn't be an issue. It
might be sufficient for your purposes, but check out the feature
comparison to see.

Geoffrey D. Jacobs
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org