Religious wars (was Re: [Beowulf] A press release)

andrew holway andrew at
Mon Jul 21 18:10:13 EDT 2008

> Speaking personally, I'd rather burn off my pre-cancerous old-age spots
> with a wood-burning kit than use vi for more than two minutes at a time
> ("... only long enough..." see above) but to each their own, I suppose.

Now come on, I am but an ungainly fawn in the unix wilderness and have
found vim to be albeit comfortably confusing but incredibly powerful

I thought that it was the mark of a true unix beard to be able to use vi(m).

you should all be ashamed. Especially after all that talk of paper
tapes and computers that made heavy clunking sounds etc. I have never
even used a 5 1/4 inch floppy in anger.