[Beowulf] automount on high ports

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed Jul 2 10:30:14 EDT 2008

Henning Fehrmann <henning.fehrmann at aei.mpg.de> writes:
>> Which corresponds exactly to the maximum achievable mounts of 358 right
> 359 ;)
> If the number of mounts is smaller the ports are randomly used in this range.
> It would be convenient to enter the insecure area.
> Using the option insecure for the NFS exports is apparently not
> sufficient.

Well, no, it isn't. The server doesn't control what the client
does. The "insecure" option only says the server will accept such
connections -- you have to tell the client to make them. On BSD and
Solaris that's easy, but on Linux you need to hack the kernel. I have
just sent a message explaining how do do that. Note that I still don't
think this is your problem, but you might as well check.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com