[Beowulf] A press release

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 1 15:25:48 EDT 2008

> Hmmm.... for me, its all about the kernel.  Thats 90+% of the battle. Some
> distros use good kernels, some do not.  I won't mention who I think is in the
> latter category.

I was hoping for some discussion of concrete issues.  for instance,
I have the impression debian uses something other than sysvinit -
does that work out well?  is it a problem getting commercial
packages (pathscale/pgi/intel compilers, gaussian, etc) to run?

the couple debian people I know tend to have more ideological motives
(which I do NOT impugn, except that I am personally more swayed by
practical, concrete reasons.)