Commodity supercomputing, was: Re: NDAs Re: [Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Chris Samuel csamuel at
Tue Jul 1 01:10:49 EDT 2008

----- "John Hearns" <john.hearns at> wrote:

> I'm personally unconvinced of the overwhelming justification
> for (say) the Ordnance Survey to give all of its mapping data
> away for free.

I think their angle is that as a UK taxpayer you already
own the data as you paid for them to create it.

Dunno where that leaves me as an ex-pat (and ex-taxpayer).