[Beowulf] VMC - Virtual Machine Console

Michael H. Frese Michael.Frese at NumerEx.com
Wed Jan 16 11:32:49 EST 2008

At 08:31 AM 1/16/2008, Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:
>- With multi-core processors, to get the best performance you want to
>   assign a process to a core.

Excuse my ignorance, please, but can someone tell me how to do that
on Linux (2.6 kernels would be fine)?

The kernel scheduler -- as opposed to a cluster scheduler -- is a
complete black box as far as I know.

While I am it, where do I find a minimal list of processes necessary
to run a cluster node.  I can't see any reason to run the PC Smart
Card demon, pcscd, but I don't know what else I can pitch.

Mike

!DSPAM:478e324e103621465223968!