[Beowulf] Multiple NIC on a node

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Tue Jan 8 14:20:09 EST 2008

Peter St. John wrote:
> One could use the ...I'm thinking of the extra-big-packet size in IP6. But
> if you have small numbers of large datasets, you could increase your

> perceived bandwidth with two NICs and larger packets, maybe by using some
> protocol other than TCP?

If you don't drop packets, UDP is the simplest solution. However, you
will always lose a packet at some point, so you will need a reliable
protocol. You can build one on top of UDP at the host level, or you can
do your own wire protocol on Ethernet. SCTP has some support for
multipath out of the box last time I looked.

Patrick