[Beowulf] Using LSF

bala balahindustani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:10:48 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am stuck with a problem related to LSF.

I want to submit a MPI job with the critera the process with
rank 1 should start on node2,
rank 2 should start on node 4,
rank 3 should start on node 1 and so on.
This order is pretty much random.

Accomplishing this was not a problem till we didnot have a constraint to
submit the jobs through a job scheduler (LSF in this case). We used the
machinefile option with mpirun to order the nodes on which the processes has
to be started.

But i am not able to do this with the current setup where LSF is used for
scheduling and SLURM for resource management.
I have tried a few of the options like using the -m options to bsub for
specifying the preference and so on. But of no success.

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Balamurugan. R