[Beowulf] sgi and linux networks

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Feb 15 16:20:58 EST 2008

> large compute [for one realm or another].  They're probably tired of being
> underbid on machines from cluster manufacturers.  Their answer is, of
> course, the ICE product.  Acquiring LNXI technology [specifically in
> software] helps SGI to augment this.

I don't know much about LNXI's technology, but had the impression
they just shipped versions of open-source stuff customized to their
products.  maybe with some basic eyecandy for people allertic to CLI.

what do you think are the standout software provided by LNXI?
(again, I do not know, and am honestly asking...)

thanks, mark hahn.