[Beowulf] getting kubuntu to perform as a cluster os

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 11:29:53 EST 2008

On 6 Feb 2008, at 4:02 pm, Jon Aquilina wrote:

> what would be necessary to get a normal desktop os such as kubuntu
> to run as
> a clusterable os

Not much.  It's just Linux at the end of the day.  We use Debian as
our cluster OS, and all kubuntu is is a slightly tarted up version of
Debian with better graphics hardware support.  Debian actually lends
itself to cluster use just fine, and includes a lot of useful cluster
software (especially in the upcoming "lenny" release, due in
September, which I note will have a Lustre 1.6.x client package as
part of the standard distribution)