[Beowulf] TIPC in a Beowulf?

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at inria.fr
Mon Feb 4 14:17:23 EST 2008

Mark Hahn wrote:
> I'm looking forward to OpenMX - it's a message-passing layer amenable
> to ethernet, but well-suited for MPI.  any OpenMX people care to comment?

http://open-mx.org give a pretty good summary of the current status of
Open-MX. The stack is plugged on top of the Ethernet layer in the Linux
kernel to send/receive MX messages. The MX firmware is basically
emulated in a kernel module without requiring any specific feature in
the hardware.

Release 0.3 is young but I am confident that it's not too bad. The
performance still needs improvement but the stack is already reasonably
stable. At least MPICH-MX and Open MPI build on top of it and complete
IMB. I encourage people to test it and send some feedback.

If you need more information, feel free to ask.