[Beowulf] An Ask about Compilation

Bruno Coutinho coutinho at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Dec 30 16:12:58 EST 2008

2008/12/30 matheus reimann <mgrhferlamb2002 at yahoo.it>

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie in the group, and I have an ask about Compilation of
programs in seriel and paralell.

> I wanna have a programm which decides if the run is parallel or seriell.
P.ex.: myexe.exe -> runs in seriell, and when I write: myexe.exe -parallel
-> runs in parallel.

> I dont wanna compile ever when I need the program in seriel or in
parallel. Usually is the seriell compilation with g++ and the parallel with
mpiCC. Has anybody done a program like this before???

mpiCC is a wrap to g++ that adds flags to find MPI include and library
files.
You can compile both with mpiCC.

To run the serial version, you can call  the binary directly and to run the
parallel version run your program through mpirun to run inside the MPI
enveronment.