[Beowulf] Rear-door heat exchangers and condensation

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:21:09 EST 2008

2008/12/12 Huw Lynes <lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk>

> That's the bit of information I was missing. I'd assumed the entire door
> swung out as one losing all cooling when you work on the rack. The
> stable-door approach makes more sense.
>
> I still like our APC contained hot-aisle system though.
>
> Horses for course, Huw. (*)

SGI did an install in Ireland where they have the IRU chassis mounted
vertically, in those same APC racks.
Seemingly it works quite well - the drawback is that you get three IRUs per
rack rather than four.
But I guess with the APC racks being narrower you do not lose out that much
as you get more racks
per aisle. I must measure this up actually.

(*) Come on. Its Friday. We have a "race condition" in another thread. Let
the horsey puns flow.