[Beowulf] Tesla systems in Germany?

Andrew Robbie (GMail) andrew.robbie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:27:27 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Steffen Grunewald <
steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for someone in Germany who already has access to a Tesla
> system.
> I have received a request by a scientist for "a very powerful machine", and
> would like him to run some tests before spending and possibly wasting
> money.

Use the dilbert principle:
http://pics.livejournal.com/allah_sulu/pic/0002f3h8/g13

i.e. he won't know the difference between a Tesla and something else...

An nVidia GTX 280 graphics card isn't much different from a Quadro 5800. The
Telsa is basically Quadro 5800s without a graphics port. In my experience,
by the time your researcher has ported code to work on the new system, a
much faster new iteration will have been released.

Andrew