[Beowulf] cloning issue, hidden module dependency

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 10 22:58:54 EST 2008

----- "Tim Cutts" <tjrc at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

> It's very easy to build a custom kernel package with just what
> you want using the 'make-kpkg' command, and then you can strip
> out all the extraneous cruft if you want

Be warned that with 2.6.27 and later you will most
likely need to patch the kernel-package scripts to
avoid putting firmware directly into /lib/firmware
as otherwise you'll get conflicts with other
2.6.27+ packages.

The Ubuntu bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kernel-package/+bug/256983

has a link to the upstream fix that I applied manually
to my system to fix this.

cheers,
Chris