[Beowulf] For grins...India

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Wed Dec 10 03:21:13 EST 2008

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> Maybe some decades from now all power per flop wasting supercomputers
> will be located in India.
> In the long run, they're the only ones on the planet who can afford the
> energy real cheap,
> and supercomputers usually burn a lot more power per gflop than they
> should, power6 up to factor 10.

Iceland have energy literally pumping out of the ground - if they can
sort out their connectivity to the US and Europe I think they'll quickly
become the data centre to the world. Okay, they have some minor issues
with seismic activity to deal with but you can't win em all.

Stephen Mulcahy       Applepie Solutions Ltd.      http://www.aplpi.com
Registered in Ireland, no. 289353 (5 Woodlands Avenue, Renmore, Galway)