[Beowulf] Personal Introduction & First Beowulf Cluster Question

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 8 19:32:20 EST 2008

Hello James, list

Lux, James P wrote:

>>very high performance is not expected, Rocks is a quite
>>convenient and cost-effective solution.
>>That is how I maintain a Pentium III little cluster, and my
>>1993 Honda.  :) Would you take such a jewel to the dealership
>>for an oil change?
>You put rocks in the crankcase of your 93 Honda?  Doesn't that make a lot of noise at high revs?
Had I figured how to break polymers of Silicon, rather than polymers of
to fuel my 1993 Honda (that lovely XX century relic),
I might as well sell the technology to NASA, for the rovers.
No more heavy batteries or big solar panels required.
Get a sack of Martian pebbles, and move!
No global warming either, environmentally friendly just like the

Unfortunately the reactions are not exothermic, as Bowen discovered long
To break pyroxene into olivine, you need to heat things up,
and oxidation (weathering) takes a looong time ...
Not like burning octane into CO2, where to make a big boom all you need
is air and a spark.

In any case, I use rocks in the trunk of my Honda, for winter ballast
against skidding on the snow.
Very effective, and high-tech.
I recommended to BMW and other brands, for improved stability.

Gus Correa

Gustavo J. Ponce Correa, PhD - Email: gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
P.O. Box 1000 [61 Route 9W] - Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA