[Beowulf] Personal Introduction & First Beowulf Cluster Question

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:14:20 EST 2008

2008/12/8 Steve Herborn <herborn at usna.edu>

>  *  While I don't know all of the history, apparently this system was not
> very actively maintain and had numerous hardware & software issues, to
> include losing the array on which Scyld was installed.  *

Cough. Splutter. Out of the mouths of babes etc...

Seriously, have you thought of either:

a) arranging a convenient fire which (sadly) gets oh-so-close to this system

b) contacting Aspen Systems and seeing to what extent they will still
support this system

c) as in my previous email, tell your bosses this system is too
old/unreliable and get pricing for a new one

(*) Not a good idea in Great Britain, where arson in the Queen's Dockyard is
still a hanging offence,
and I'd bet the judges would say that a Naval Academy was part of a