[Beowulf] Personal Introduction & First Beowulf Cluster Question

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:14:20 EST 2008

2008/12/8 Steve Herborn <herborn at usna.edu>

>  *  While I don't know all of the history, apparently this system was not
> very actively maintain and had numerous hardware & software issues, to
> include losing the array on which Scyld was installed.  *

Cough. Splutter. Out of the mouths of babes etc...

Seriously, have you thought of either:

a) arranging a convenient fire which (sadly) gets oh-so-close to this system
(*)

b) contacting Aspen Systems and seeing to what extent they will still
support this system

c) as in my previous email, tell your bosses this system is too
old/unreliable and get pricing for a new one

(*) Not a good idea in Great Britain, where arson in the Queen's Dockyard is
still a hanging offence,
and I'd bet the judges would say that a Naval Academy was part of a
Dockyard.