[Beowulf] Intro question

malcolm croucher malcolm.croucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:05:57 EST 2008

Hi  Guys ,

I am still thinking about my cluster and most probably will only begin
development next year june/july .

Question :

If i develop my system on  10 computers (nodes) which are all normal
desktops and then would like to place this in data hosting facility which
has access to real time information . I am going to need to buy new servers
(thin 1 u servers ). Would this be the best choice as desktops take up more
space and therefore will be more expensive . how do you guys get around this
problem ? or dont you ?

Regards

Malcolm