[Beowulf] gpgpu

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Aug 23 13:46:22 EDT 2008

Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> writes:
>>> In that time frame here was an SGI internal marketing T-shirt that
>>> Intel squashed....
>>> The theme was "Attitude inside" inside a image invoking swoosh that
>>> the Intel
>> I remember going to a meeting in Mtn View and hearing about that
>> ... But I thought that the one that was rejected was actually "Satan
>> Inside".   I think a few were printed, somewhere.
> I thought "Satan Inside" was a play on NetSaint network monitoring...

The "Satan Inside" stickers were printed up by the EFF crowd,
targeting the idea of "intercept ready" equipment like
clipper/skipjack equipped telephones during what one might term the
crypto wars of the mid-1990s. They spread far and wide, but the
original motivation had nothing at all to do with the things mentioned
so far.