[Beowulf] Performance metrics & reporting

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Fri Apr 4 11:41:15 EDT 2008

What do folks recommend for gathering and reporting performance data on
Linux (CentOS 5) systems?

Since I have done a lot of this on AIX, my initial thought is to use the
Linux version of nmon and nmon2rrd or nmon2web to generate web pages of
performance graphs.  Since I already know the tools, wrapping it up in
scripts to run automatically would be really easy.

My goal is to make it really easy to provide useful information to users
without them having to constantly ask me.

Thoughts?

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.