[Beowulf] Passwordless ssh - strange problem

laytonjb at charter.net laytonjb at charter.net
Fri Sep 14 12:53:35 EDT 2007

Afternoon cluster party goers,

I'm having trouble on a cluster with passwordless ssh. I followed all the
steps (I think). On the head node, I generated the public and private
keys and then copied id_rsa.pub to authorized keys. Then I tried
logging into compute nodes and it asks for my password every time
(regardless of the number of times I log into the node). I've tried changing
the permissions on authorized_keys a few times (600, 644) and that
doesn't seem to change the behavior. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff