[Beowulf] Woodcrest and bad result

Mat Agar matagar at pochta.ru
Wed Sep 12 02:33:11 EDT 2007

I have 5 node cluster with two 5120 Xoen dual core (each node has 4
cpus) and 2GB ram ,on a single host when I run Intel linpack_9.1
(xlinpack_xeon32) with OMP_NUM_THREADS=4, it reports about 17 GFLOPS but
when I run HPL with "mpiexec -n 4 -host node-1 ./xlinpack" it achieves
about 4 GFLOPS . Also In network situation, I can not achieve to desire
speed not only by Intel pack nor by HPL. For example with Intel for 4
nodes the report is about 23 GFLOPS
 and HPL result is awful. Dose any body know what is wrong?