[Beowulf] Diskless booting help:

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 6 14:50:19 EDT 2007

> But, I assume network configuration is viewed as a userland activity,
> and not something the kernel per-se should be involved in--your "simple
> convenience" argument of earlier.

I'm actually persuaded by the concept of doing all IP config in user-space.
but since tftpd is user-space, ipappend seems like a great way for one
piece of user-space (tftpd) to communicate with another (initrd ip config)
without involving another fairly complicated tool (dhclient).

in other words (and afaik), the kernel has never been tweaked
to recognize the ipappend string...