[Beowulf] small-footprint MS WIn "MinWin"

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman brian.ropers.huilman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:51:52 EDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Robert G. Brown <rgb at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> This in turn moves their system closer to being a suitable host for VMs,
> as I think the ideal towards which OS's are moving is the kernel as a VM
> host, everything else as a VM guest on top of a device-independent
> layer.  At least I hope we are going there.

Interesting comment for this particular list. While I'm all in favor
of MS "seeing the light," so to speak, your comment on "... everything
else as a VM guest on top of a device-independent layer.  At least I
hope we are going there." With everything so performance oriented in
our world, I just find this comment surprising.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director
Systems Administration and Technical Operations