[Beowulf] How do people keep track of computers in your cluster(s)?

Buccaneer for Hire. buccaneer at rocketmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:53:00 EDT 2007

--- Carsten Aulbert <carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de>

> Hi all,
> we are currently looking into the problem, how to
> keep track of
> computers which we are going to buy. On the one hand
> there are the
> standard tools to monitor a running cluster like
> ganglia, nagios,
> zenoss, ... but these are - to my understanding -
> just for monitoring
> the current status.

There are so many ways you can to this.  Take a look
at the SNMP output and you will find a lot of what you
are looking for.  What I am doing is writing a
roll-your-own that creates an XML file that can then
be read into a DB.  We can then use simple queries to
verify implementation and for audit purposes.  The
node has to be up.

Do You Yahoo!?
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org