[Beowulf] best linux distribution

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 8 13:09:36 EDT 2007

>> Does any one use Centos on Beowulf nodes?  Of course Centos is really just
>> Redhat, but many people prefer it for use on servers.
>
> We have several sites using Scientific Linux, which is along the same lines
> as CentOS.

I was surprised how very much like centos - I had the impression
SL was more of a stable-means-versions-from-5-years-ago distro,
but it appears to be mostly a repackaging of RHEL, and reasonably
up-to-date.  from a quick glance at the SL-5.0 readme, the number
of customizations is quite small, so I do wonder what the point is.
(_not_ meant as a criticism!).