[Beowulf] Not quite Walmart, or, living without ECC?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 16 14:23:25 EST 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Joe Landman wrote:

> Robert G. Brown wrote:

>> peculiar standing waves that echo those words in the meta-structure of
>> electricity we fondly call "the brain".
>
> Hey... I thought there is some chemistry in there as well.  People spend so
> much time in pursuit of hacking their brain chemistry, I thought it was for
> more than simply altering the electronic structure of it ... (electronic
> structure of jellium?)

Chemistry is just quantum electrostatics -- hardly even any "dynamics".
Nuclear forces, irrelevant, magnetic forces, nearly irrelevant (and
still "electricity" in some sense), gravity too weak to do much of
anything unless you're near a black hole.

Electricity is all.  Hail electricity.

    rgb

--
Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305