[Beowulf] encoding video cluster style.

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 14:34:35 EST 2007

Joe Landman wrote:
> andrew holway wrote:
>> I have a friend who encodes huge amounts of video from DV to wmv. He
>> wants to speed up the process so I suggested that he might want to
>> parallelise.

Take a look at DVD::RIP; it allows you to do parallel video transcoding. It come
with a nice gui and a simple queuing system. It is actually a pretty good
introduction to clustered computing.

Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1223 834244 x 6925
Fax: +44 (0)1223 496802