[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Fri Mar 16 05:41:26 EDT 2007

"Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Leif Nixon wrote:
>> Compilers are designed to compile code written by humans.
>> Autogenerated code typically does not optimize well.
> Or be human-readable.

It can be, though. I actually spent several years working on
maintaining a big compiler suite that originally was written in
Pascal, and then autotranslated into ANSI C. It wasn't *too* horrible.

At least not as a result of the translation.

Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert
National Supercomputer Centre    -      Linkoping University
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org