[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 14 12:34:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Richard Walsh wrote:

> As far as what you CS department is teaching (from what you described
> and from the point of view of modern high-performance scientific
> computing), I would be careful not to fall in love with CS departmental
> fads ... cross check all local CS-temporo-sectarianisms here on this list.
> Time makes fools of us all, but especially CS departments ...

Yeah, but as David pointed out, they actively try...

:-)

   rgb

[bah, humbug, Fortran IV were good enough for my grandad on his punched
paper tape and computer with sense switches, they're good enough for me
now in my superslick parallel IDE developing for a thousand node
cluster, humbug, bah.]

> ;-)
>
> rbw

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu