[Beowulf] Performance characterising a HPC application

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Mon Mar 26 12:52:23 EDT 2007

> obviously, there are
> many applications which have absolutely no use for bandwidth
> greater than even plain old gigabit.
> equally obvious, there are others which are sensitive to
> small-packet latency, which is not affected by DDR or dual-rail.

Yes, there are application that don't utilize the interconnect and
will show the same results on 1GigE and 100GigE. I was referring to the
application that do utilize the interconnect, and those are the ones
that I test.

Anyway, the I/O is not just bandwidth, but also provides latency, CPU
and other important characteristics, and all of them need to be